The 4th Trimester Class
View All Our Education Options:
Childbirth Education Class | New Family Consults
Newborn Care Class | The 4th Trimester Class
The first three months after a baby is born is often referred to as ‘postpartum’; it is also called the 4th trimester. During this time, the mother is recovering, the baby is adjusting to life outside of the womb, and the entire family is finding their new “normal”.
In this comprehensive class, designed and taught by RN/owner of Doulas of Austin, you will gain the knowledge and practical tools necessary to meet the challenges of this exciting, yet sometimes overwhelming time.
Topics of discussion include but are not limited to:
- Physical & emotional recovery from childbirth
- Recognizing & navigating postpartum mood disorders
- The importance of setting realistic expectations
- The partner’s role
- Newborn care including sleep, feeding, soothing
- Reading & responding to infant cues
- Strategies to ease your transition to parenthood
Preparing for your postpartum experience is equally important as preparing for your birth. At Doulas of Austin, we pride ourselves on providing clients with the latest evidence-based information along with best practices for caring for your newborn AND yourself after birth. Our goal is that upon completion of this class, you will feel empowered and prepared to enjoy this exciting time in your life.