Newborn Care Class
View All Our Education Options:
Childbirth Education Class | New Family Consults
Newborn Care Class | The 4th Trimester Class
Taught by RN/owner of Doulas of Austin, this private in-home class covers all of the “must know” topics relating to welcoming a newborn into your home, as well as the topics that you (and your partner) are most interested in. Feel confident welcoming your baby with the most current and up-to-date newborn knowledge.
Topics of discussion include but are not limited to:
- Normal newborn appearance & behavior
- Interpreting and responding to infant cues
- Sleep (including SIDS & Safe Sleep recommendations)
- Newborn crying & soothing techniques
- Infant feeding (breastfeeding/bottle)
- Safety (home/car seat)
- Baby gear recommendations
- Newborn hygiene (bathing/nail trim)
- Umbilical cord care
Add our knowledge and expertise to your passion for doing what is best for your baby!