When you are facing a unique diagnosis or difficult situation during pregnancy, you may feel you need some extra practical and emotional support. That’s where Doulas of Austin comes in!
Our antepartum doulas provide one-on-one care that can help carry you through this time while truly listening and understanding what you are experiencing. You don’t have to do this alone and our doulas have the compassion and expertise to help put you at ease.
Women with the following conditions (and many others) can benefit greatly from prenatal support from our doulas who have years of experience supporting women with high-risk pregnancies.
- Gestational Diabetes http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/gestational-diabetes/
- Preterm Labor http://www.marchofdimes.org/complications/preterm-labor- and-premature-birth.aspx
- Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/pregnancy-induced- hypertension/
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/hyperemesis-gravidarum/
- Bed Rest http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/bed- rest/
- Multiple Gestations http://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/being-pregnant- with-twins-triplets- and-other- multiples.aspx
Our doulas are happy to handle household details such as grocery shopping, meal preparation, errands, and pet care. They can also help with:
- Nursery preparation/organization
- Accompanying you to medical appointments
- Assist you in creating a birth plan – specific to your/baby’s health concerns (if applicable)
- Provide education as to what to expect in labor, birth, and when bringing your baby home
- Teach pain coping/relaxation techniques to be used in labor
Even otherwise healthy women can benefit from an antepartum doula. Your doula can help keep your household running smoothly while you focus on what is truly important…growing a healthy baby!
All daytime support shifts have a 4-hour minimum
Parents are able to choose their preferred schedule for hours purchased
All contracted hours must be used in full within 3 months of contract signing