Whether you are facing a unique diagnosis or difficult situation during pregnancy, you may feel you need some extra practical and emotional support.
Our prenatal doulas provide one-on-one care that can help carry you through this time while truly listening and understanding what you are experiencing. You don’t have to do this alone and our doulas have the compassion and expertise to help put you at ease.
Women with the following conditions (and many others) can benefit greatly from prenatal support from our doulas who have years of experience supporting women with high-risk pregnancies.
- Placenta Previa http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/placenta-previa/
- Gestational Diabetes http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/gestational-diabetes/
- Preterm Labor http://www.marchofdimes.org/complications/preterm-labor- and-premature-birth.aspx
- Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/pregnancy-induced- hypertension/
- Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/hyperemesis-gravidarum/
- Bed Rest http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/bed- rest/
- Multiple Gestations http://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/being-pregnant- with-twins-triplets- and-other- multiples.aspx
Our prenatal doulas commonly help with:
- Nursery preparation/organization
- Accompanying you to medical appointments
- Assistance creating a birth plan – specific to your/baby’s health concerns
- Providing education on what to expect in labor, birth, and the 4th trimester
- Teaching coping/relaxation techniques to be used in early labor
- Light household duties such as grocery shopping, meal prep and pet care
Even otherwise healthy women can benefit from a prenatal doula. Your doula will help keep your household running smoothly while you focus on what is truly important…growing a healthy baby!
All daytime support shifts have a 4-hour minimum
Parents are able to choose their preferred schedule for hours purchased
All contracted hours must be used in full within 3 months of contract signing