New Family Consults
View All Our Education Options:
Childbirth Education Class | New Family Consults
Newborn Care Class | The 4th Trimester Class
New family consultations are a convenient and affordable way to receive expert guidance and support from the comfort of your home. During your 1-hour consultation with Registered Nurse and owner of Doulas of Austin, you will have the opportunity to address any question, concern, or challenge that presents itself as you navigate pregnancy, birth, and early parenting transitions. Because our consultations are virtual, they are available to anyone, anywhere.
Topics commonly covered during consultations:
- Guidance navigating the uncertainties of pregnancy
- Assistance creating an individualized birth and/or postpartum plan
- Review of common medical interventions: risks/benefits/options
- Instruction on comfort measures & labor progress techniques for early labor
- Assistance processing your birth story
- Guidance navigating the fourth trimester: moms recovery from birth as well as baby’s adjustment to life outside the womb
- Evidence-based guidance on any topic related to early parenting such as infant sleep, developmental milestones, teething, starting solids, and potty training
- Recommendations for Austin’s most respected pregnancy and parenting professionals
Parenting is not easy and children don’t come with an operations manual, but by utilizing individual consultations with us, you’ll feel well prepared to make informed choices that are best for YOUR family.