Our birth doulas have tremendous expertise and passion for all things birth, and while they don’t replace your partner, nurse, midwife, or doctor, they are a valuable addition to your birthing team.
Whether you are planning an unmedicated birth, to have an epidural, or electing to have a cesarean birth, your doula from Doulas of Austin will be a constant source of comfort, support, and information.
Our doulas provide tried and true comfort measures specific to labor. They listen to your needs and respond accordingly. For the partner, the doula is a trained professional that will guide them in being an active participant during the birth at their comfort level.
Continuous emotional support is the most valuable thing a doula offers and your partner will benefit too. This looks different for every family, but always includes encouragement, compassion and full trust in your power and ability to birth. Our doulas bring trust, peace, and reassurance to your birth, and nurture you with kindness, respect, and dignity as you transition into parenthood.
Your birth doula will:
- Recognize birth as an experience you will remember for the rest of your life
- Understand the physiology of birth and the physical and emotional needs of laboring families
- Assist and support you in preparing your birth plan
- Provide continuous support throughout active labor, delivery, and the early postpartum period
- Provide emotional support, physical comfort measures, and an objective viewpoint, as well as help you get the information you need to make informed decisions that suit you
- Encourage valuable communication between you, your partner, and your care providers